Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Long Time Coming



Jesus. I haven't blogged in so long! It's been a month! And I wanted to blog about my trip to Cedar Point but I never did. I am a terrible procrastinator. Or am I a really good one? Well whatever I am it needs to stop.

So, Cedar Point.

The trip was fantastic! There were three buses needed to transport all the students who signed up to go! I was on the second bus and, because I'm apparently the weird person no one ever wants to sit next to (thanks a lot HIMYM for giving me a name), I got a seat all to myself. Which was nice actually. It meant I got to sit along the entire length of the seat and put my feet up. We watched Horrible Bosses and The Hangover (the first one) on the way there. I fell asleep during The Hangover and woke up when they were trying to transport the tiger back to Mike Tyson. We made a stop along the way for a bathroom break but we were still an hour away from the park! But at least we were in Ohio by that point. So I listened to music for the rest of the trip. And then we could see the park on the horizon!

Cedar Point!
So once I could see the park I started getting really excited and nervous. I can get motion sickness pretty bad, but not enough to throw up thank goodness. But I'd taken Dramamine so I thought I would be OK. We had to wait an extra half hour or so while the leader got our tickets and then we were off!

The first thing I did was try to find something to eat. I hadn't had a chance to get breakfast because I thought we would be stopping somewhere to eat but NO. We drove the entire way except for the bathroom break. Fuckers. So I found a little place that was open that early (a lot of the food shoppes weren't) and got a turkey burger. Boy did that hit the spot. So then I tried to find the ride with the shortest line, but then I decided going on one of the wooden coasters would probably be a better ride to start with seeing as I hadn't ridden a rollercoaster in three years. So I rode the Blue Streak and it was a good start to the day. I sat right in front... by myself. This was the first time I'd explored a theme park by myself. It was kinda weird because I was like the only lone person. Everyone else was either a family or a group of friends. And then there was me...

The next ride I rode was The Mantis, a stand-up coaster and the line for it was super long, but it was good. Though some asshole stole my seat when I was putting my coat in the bin so I wouldn't lose it, so I had to wait for the next ride. The attendant helped me secure a spot and then I was able to ride it. Then I had to get some more food because I was already starting to feel dizzy and get a headache, though that was from the ride I was just on. It had "head cushions" that didn't really cushion my head. Just sort of bashed it and gave me a headache. So I got a chocolate ice cream cone and I felt better. Then I had to decide whether I wanted to ride the Millenium Force or the Maverick. I chose the Maverick because the last time I'd been to Cedar Point I'd really wanted to ride it but the line was 2 hours long and I didn't want to wait that long for a ride. So I rode it this time and it was amazing! The wait was still really long but it was well worth the wait! Except when I realized the ball to one of my ear piercings had come off during the ride and my ear was bleeding really badly. So that ruined the rest of my stay because it was barely 5 p.m. and the buses wouldn't be coming back for us until around 9:30 p.m. So I just shopped around the rest of the time. I got coffee and a giant cookie as comfort food, then I got another turkey burger and some fries, and when I finished my coffee I bought a Maverick coin. And when 8:30 p.m. hit I walked the park as it got darker and looked for the special Halloweekend attractions. There was a corn maze, a haunted house tour, and there were people dressed as skeletons playing music on a stage just set up in the middle of the walkway. If I'd been a part of a group I would have done the Halloweekend events, but I was alone and I'm too chicken to do scary things by myself. If I'm with friends I'll sure as shit go on some scary Halloween rides/tours. But by myself? No fucking way.

So I finally went back to the bus at about 9:30 and waited for everyone else to show up so we could go back to school. But, even though I'd taken Dramamine, every time I closed my eyes, my head was spinning and I felt like I was doing infinite loops on a rollercoaster. I think I maybe napped in spurts of five minutes every half hour or so, and it didn't even go away until we'd gotten back to school about four hours later. It was good to get back to my dorm and sleep the day away. Overall the time at the park was good. I just wish I could have gone on more rides.

So here are some more photos I took while I was there. Enjoy!

Dinosaurs alive!

Snoopy hedge!

The entrance to the park. And the newest ride: The Gate Keeper, a world record-breaking wing coaster
I also didn't get to ride this one due to the line and my ear injury.

The Mantis

The view from the Maverick line. OMG this ride was amazing!

This was the Raptor that I loved the last time I was at the park.
I didn't get a chance to ride it this time due to the 2 hour wait.

For the Whovians out there: DON'T BLINK

Pretty orange and purple lighting in the park.

The Top Thrill Dragster. A coaster I will NEVER ride.

I love being 21. Pumpkin flavored beer!
So yeah, that was my day at Cedar Point. Hopefully I'll be able to go back another Halloweekend and bring friends so we can do the scary attractions when it gets dark. That would be so amazing. Though we'd probably have to get a hotel for the night seeing as driving at night after spending all day at a theme park spells trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment