Friday, October 18, 2013

One Year Ago



One year ago, October 14, was the best day of my life. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

October 11, 2012, my best friend whom I hadn't seen in five years came to visit me! He was on an Autumn break for his university and he came up to not only visit me but to also attend the All-American Rejects concert with me! They were coming to my university and I was flipping out. I am madly in lust with Tyson, the lead singer and bassist for the band, and I think it's safe to say I was excited (which is putting it mildly). He spent the weekend at my dorm, and we shared a bottle of Jack which lasted until Sunday morning. Saturday he spent dinner at my house (because my mom and brother wanted to see him again too), and then we got tattoos together after that. He got his first, and I got my second and third.

And then it was Sunday! The day of the concert! We polished off the bottle of Jack before we left. There wasn't a lot left, probably two shots each. The concert wasn't supposed to start until 7, the doors were supposed to open at 6, and my friend and I got there at 4 to secure a good spot on the floor. I had purchased floor tickets, so we'd be as close to the stage as we could get. After purchasing some merch, including meet-and-greet passes for after the show, we made our way through the crowd on the floor and got as close to the stage as we could get. The show was amazing. First was The Rocket Summer, then Boys Like Girls (I got to run my fingers through the singer's hair when he came down from the stage and sang to a very lucky girl in front of me), and then finally The All-American Rejects! It was crazy insane, and it was the best concert ever! Here are some photos from the night.

My friend and I waiting for the concert to start

Rocket Summer

Tyson in disguise!
Here come Boys Like Girls!

One of my favorite photos of the night

Hello sexy
Sassy


I regret nothing. Tyson's fine, fine ass.
 


At the Meet-And-Greet!
Got their autographs!

So yes. One year ago was the best weekend of my life. It's now been a year since I've seen my friend, but hopefully we'll be seeing each other again in May when he graduates from University. Plus his little sister, another close friend of mine, will be graduating from high school the same weekend as his graduation, so I'll hopefully be going to hers as well. We're planning on getting matching tattoos while I'm there, her first. It'll be my graduation present to her.

Well, that's it for now. I'm going to spend most of my time in fuzzy pajamas, drinking tea, and reading because I have a mild case of the flu. And yes, it is the flu. WebMD said so. So I'll be recuperating all weekend in preparation for Monday morning classes. Ta for now!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment