So, some updates. I have logged out of my tumblr blogs and cleaned up my facebook of the pages I follow that post fandom things. I am trying to get rid of as many distractions as possible, but I will still occasionally watch Netflix to relax.
So, my dorm is pretty sweet. I live in a dorm where everyone gets a private bedroom, a very large common area/living room, and two bathrooms. And my college's dorms always have some sort of universal theme (comic book heroes, Internet memes, popular YouTube videos, etc), and my dorm's theme is world travel. So each floor has a different destination, and my floor's theme is LONDON, ENGLAND.

Overall, not a bad place. There are only three girls living in this four person dorm and only four boys on the entire floor. AND we have air conditioning in here, so that's going to be really nice this week seeing as it's supposed to be upper 80s during the day and lows of 70 at night. I am currently drinking a cup of Earl Grey because the air conditioner works so well ;)
So, all in all, I had a pretty good first day. My Shakespeare class is going to be immensely easier this time around. Not only are there less papers to write (thank god), but the mid-term is only supposed to take 10 minutes (thank god yet again), and the readings are short and concise. And my first journalism class should be interesting at best. We'll occasionally have controversial guest speakers (like, Westboro Baptist controversial) to come talk to us and make us angry (ON PURPOSE). And we have to keep up with current events, which I suck at. I got all my news from Tumblr. What do I do now? Actually watch the news? (I'm kidding. I know I have to actually watch the news now.)
That's about it. Tomorrow I have a class at 9:30 and then I have a break from 11 until 5, so I think a nap will be in order. I'll post about tomorrow's classes as well. So, until then.
~A
You have no idea how immensely happy this makes me.
Also, I got a new haircut. I got a bit of the sides of my head shaved off so I can style like so (the purple bit is a clip-in).
It's like that on both sides, so I can style it either way if I wanted to.
And here are the photos of my dorm room. One roommate made us all chalkboard initials for our doors. And I'll be adding a little 221B plaque to my door as soon as I paint it. But that'll be a project for the weekend.
Overall, not a bad place. There are only three girls living in this four person dorm and only four boys on the entire floor. AND we have air conditioning in here, so that's going to be really nice this week seeing as it's supposed to be upper 80s during the day and lows of 70 at night. I am currently drinking a cup of Earl Grey because the air conditioner works so well ;)
So, all in all, I had a pretty good first day. My Shakespeare class is going to be immensely easier this time around. Not only are there less papers to write (thank god), but the mid-term is only supposed to take 10 minutes (thank god yet again), and the readings are short and concise. And my first journalism class should be interesting at best. We'll occasionally have controversial guest speakers (like, Westboro Baptist controversial) to come talk to us and make us angry (ON PURPOSE). And we have to keep up with current events, which I suck at. I got all my news from Tumblr. What do I do now? Actually watch the news? (I'm kidding. I know I have to actually watch the news now.)
That's about it. Tomorrow I have a class at 9:30 and then I have a break from 11 until 5, so I think a nap will be in order. I'll post about tomorrow's classes as well. So, until then.
~A
No comments:
Post a Comment