Just my thoughts on anything and everything. Sometimes personal, sometimes just sharing in adventures, but mostly just random thoughts.
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
New Year, Better Me
I know most people this time of year will be saying "new year, new me." But not me. Why reinvent yourself completely? It seems like tedious work and a complete waste of time. You don't have to build yourself up from scratch for a new year. It's a time of new beginnings, fresh starts, opportunities that you will love or regret whether you took them or not. It's a time to be better, not new.
Don't reinvent yourself. You're already wonderful the way you are. And if you don't know who you are yet, go out and explore. Paint something, write something, make art, make mistakes and learn from them. A new year is a new start, but not a time for a brand new you. Better yourself, because you're already great. So why not be better? Whether it be eating healthier or getting a little more exercise or trying a new restaurant or finally asking that person out on a date, be better and find yourself.
That's my plan. I want to eat healthier and lose some weight and study harder and focus on school and not the Internet so much and meet new people and have new experiences and just live my life. I'm almost 22 now, and I have done nothing with my life that I'm extremely proud of. And I'm still trying to find myself. I want to write. That's a given. I just have to find something I enjoy writing other than Sherlock fanfiction. I want to work in magazines. Entertainment magazines where I interview celebrities or amazing people and tell their stories. I love telling stories, and sometimes it's easier to tell someone else's instead of your own.
So for the new year, I plan on bettering myself as a person and a student. I want to study abroad in Britain. I want to see Stonehenge. I want to sell my cousin's story about opening and running his own comic shop. I want to be a better daughter. I don't want to be a disappointment anymore.
A very Happy New Year to everyone. I hope 2014 is great and brings you excitement and happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment