Just my thoughts on anything and everything. Sometimes personal, sometimes just sharing in adventures, but mostly just random thoughts.
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Finals Week is here
Well, I suppose technically finals begin tomorrow, but the mad rush of cramming and studying has already begun.
I myself am feeling pretty confident in my exams. I studied harder this year and actually got things turned in. Well, except for a few news journals, but those were the only things I didn't do.
I had better classes this year, I got decent grades, my teachers were awesome (except for one who is a whiny little bitch of a man), and I even got published in the newspaper! Yes! I wrote an article for my journalism class and my professor liked it so much he gave me the name, number and email of the editor of the local paper and I sold my story! I've even gotten good grades in Shakespeare! And I hate Shakespeare!
I'm just worried about the grade in my European Literature class. My professor is very strict and even threw a temper tantrum the second day of class because we weren't having an avid discussion about the reading. He has since assigned us reading questions and quizzed us on the reading. While I read as much as I could, I mainly ended up sparknoting the rest because reading academically bores me to tears. But my first paper in that class got a 1 out of 4, I didn't get any points for my midterm because all I got done in the hour and fifteen minutes of class was an outline and the intro (for those who don't know me, I can't write at all under pressure. Especially if I have to write a proper essay. If I don't have time to properly draft an essay, it's not going to be written in only an hour.), and now the final paper is upon us and I am scared as fuck of failing this one as well. I already know I'm going to have to take this class again, and I left a bad review for the prof on our student opinion surveys we fill out at the end of each semester, so I'm going to make sure I don't have this idiot again for my professor. I would do so much better if my previous British Literature professor taught the class. He's actually from England and I would just sit in class and listen to him talk because accents.
But I digress...
I'm certain I'm going to fail this course, so I'll be looking for it again but with a different professor. He's still the only professor teaching it next semester, so I won't be taking it then. Maybe I can take an equivalent for credit when I'm abroad in the fall? That is if I get accepted. I'm fairly confident I will, seeing as my GPA will be up after this semester (I'm expecting no lower than a B in each class, excluding Euro Lit) and my Brit Lit prof will be writing me a letter of recommendation. I'll be going to Kingston University in England, only 30 minutes to London by cab!!!!!!
But yes... Finals.
I have three on Monday. One at 8 a.m., one at 2 p.m., and one at 5 p.m. I will probably be smoking a lot and drinking a ton of coffee and/or energy drinks to stay alert. Though I'm not necessarily worried about those exams. I'm pretty confident in my abilities to perform well on those exams. I'm just worried about the paper I have to write for Euro Lit for Tuesday and whether or not that's all we have to do. All the prof has mentioned is the paper, but I have no idea what to expect in that class. I hate this prof so much.
Also, I've hit post limit on tumblr four days in a row... all before 5 p.m. I think it's time to log off for a while, especially with Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and Sherlock Series 3 and the Doctor Who Christmas Special hype all over the place. Yes. Logging off will be a good thing. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to make a post about it. Dammit.
I'm going to stop now before I just keep blogging instead of studying. Gotta go back to taking practice quizzes and making a cheat sheet for a class. Yes, the cheat sheet is allowed. The prof said it's alright if we use BOTH sides of a standard sheet of printer paper (handwritten notes only). So yay! I'll probably make a quick post when I get my grades next Friday.
Until then!
~A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment