So I finally got to see the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary yesterday! My roommates and I drove two hours to go see it, in the snow and ice mind you, and we saw it in 3D. There were so many gorgeous cosplays. I saw girls dressed as the Sisterhood from the Fires of Pompeii episode, a Weeping Angel, lots of Tens and Elevens including an adorable couple dressed as Ten, and even a Master! Photos will come later.
We got into the theatre and sat waiting for about an hour. It was pretty packed, and there were two theatres showing the special, and they were both nearly full. The best part was when the screen that told us to silence our phones froze and literally EVERYONE pulled out a sonic and pointed it at the projector to try and fix it. It was seriously the best. Then it was fixed AND IT STARTED.
IT WAS SERIOUSLY THE GREATEST THING EVER! MOFFAT ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING RIGHT! THIS WAS AN AMAZING SPECIAL! IT WAS SO GREAT HAVING DAVID AND MATT IN THE SAME SPECIAL, IN THE SAME FILM, INTERACTING WITH EACH OTHER. IT WAS SERIOUSLY THE BEST EPISODE EVER AND IT GAVE ME SO MANY HAPPY FEELS.
After we got out there were some cosplayers taking pictures and I got photos with the couple dressed as Ten. I was in my English/British accent because of all the Doctor Who amazingness and the guy asked me if I was "not from around these parts." I laughed and explained that I get stuck in British sometimes when I'm around British amazingness for a while. He said my accent was lovely ^_^ Or wonderful. I can't really remember. I'm sticking with lovely because he was lovely.
The drive back was pretty scary as it was dark when we left the theatre and there was snow and ice. We fishtailed a couple times turning corners and once we tried to brake and we just continued sliding along the ice on the road into the middle of an intersection. Luckily it was empty as it was late at night, so no one got hurt. But we finally made it back to school around 1 a.m. without dying.
So yes, that was a great night and so entirely worth the two hour drive. Now I only have to wait for the Christmas special, the dreaded regeneration, and then the next series which starts... when? 2014 sometime, right? August is what Wikipedia says. Fingers crossed we won't have to wait too long. Until the Christmas special!
~A
Photos!
| Cutest Couple Award - Cosplaying as the Tenth Doctor |
| The three of us with our Sonic Screwdrivers |
| The Master |
No comments:
Post a Comment