So it's that time of year again. Peppermint is everywhere, school has ended, and holiday stress is upon us. Today is my last day at work before I go home for the holidays. So I thought I'd take the time to update my few readers on what's been going on since the last time I blogged.
Remember, Remember, the fifth of November, the day BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH GOT ENGAGED (and broke millions of hearts all over the world, mine included). I couldn't reblog his face on my tumblr for a while, but I got over myself and I'm fine now.
I did not complete NaNoWriMo. I got close to 7,000 words and then stopped because I had papers to write for school.
Speaking of school, I also passed all my classes this semester! *pops champagne and throws confetti* I got 2 B-, 2 B's, and one A. My GPA for the semester was a 3.05, making my cumulative GPA rise to a 2.73. I need a 2.75 to apply for study abroad, but I'm going to apply anyway because you only regret when you don't do in life. And if I can get in with the GPA I have, I want to at least try so I can have this experience. If I get in, I may very well scream and cry.
Christmas is now upon me and I'm feeling the joy and stress of the season. I still have presents to wrap for my mom and brother, but they already know what they are because they were there when I bought them. So I'm not too worried about my mom seeing them when she comes to pick me up later. I'm excited to be going home, but I'm also worried about the bombardment of questions.
"How's school?" (Fine. I passed all my classes. Cue celebratory cheers from family.)
"Are you dating anyone yet?" (Nope. Moving on.)
"When do you think you'll be graduating?" (May 2016 if all goes well and I keep my head out of my ass.)
"Why did you dye your hair blue?" (Because I fucking felt like it.)
Oh. Yeah. I dyed my hair blue. And it's awesome.
![]() |
| From my instagram |
![]() |
| My Facebook profile picture |
I'll be back to blog about Christmas and then the New Year. Hopefully this year I'll remember to put more into my Jar of Good Things than I did this year. Because a lot happened this year that I wish I had put into that jar. My penpal came all the way from Great Britain to spend two weeks with me here in the states, I got a job at my campus's library as well as a writer for an online campus magazine, one of my stories made it into the Top 3 of the semester and I won some sweet prizes, and I passed all my classes with the highest GPA I've had in a couple years. Needless to say, I think my life is looking up, and I wish I had put those memories and accomplishments into my jar. I'll be sure to be more on top of it next year.
![]() |
| Fun prizes from my campus magazine. Yes, that is a kazoo. Yes, I still sort of remember how to play one. |
Well, that's it for now I suppose. I'll be back to blog about Christmas, like I said earlier. I'm looking forward to my penpal's gifts coming in soon, and I hope hers arrive soon as well. Only one more week until Christmas!
~A




No comments:
Post a Comment