Just my thoughts on anything and everything. Sometimes personal, sometimes just sharing in adventures, but mostly just random thoughts.
Thursday, November 6, 2014
National Novel Writing Month
So I decided to try my hand at NaNoWriMo this year.
For those who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month (hence, the title of this blog entry). It's when authors attempt to write 50,000 words (or more) in 30 days (or less). And that is what I am going to attempt to do this month. I know what I'm going to write, I just have to write a little bit every day to reach my goal. If I do get to 50,000 words, I technically "win" NaNoWriMo and I get prizes (I think). Regardless, I hope to buy some merchandise after November is over to celebrate my attempt.
It is six days into NaNoWriMo and I've written nearly 7,000 words. So that's a little over 1,000 a day. Though I technically didn't "start" until the third and I wrote almost all of those words in that time. I know a few other people who are attempting this as well, so we'll check up on each other now and then. I'm taking a quick break though because I have a couple papers to write and they take precedence over writing a novel right now. My grades are more important at this moment in time.
I'll update when I can, but I'll mostly be focused on schoolwork seeing as Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, which means the semester is ending soon, which means stress, stress, stress. But I'll push through. This semester is already going better than the last one. I'm going to be a writing machine this year, both academically and recreationally. Just you watch.
~A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment